PTRV Sells Hundreds of Travel Trailers and 5Th Wheels to our Canadian friends each year. As you go through our website, be aware that all prices are in U.S. Dollars, But please don't let the fact that there is a Border between us keep you from saving thousands of dollars on your next RV.
Besides all pricing being in U.S. Dollars, We have compiled a list of items that you will need to take care of (with our help) in order to import your new rv into Canada. We Will provide you with all paperwork necessary to import your unit across the Canadian Border.
1. Obtain a Recall Clearance Letter - This will allow you to pass the Federal Inspection. (PTRV will supply this to you during our paperwork process.)
2. Purchase Order - Bill Of Sale. (PTRV will supply this during paperwork process.)
3. Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO) - (PTRV will supply this to you during our paperwork process.)
4. Fees to be paid at Border - (All fees are the responsibility of customer.)
All Canadian customers will pay $195 = GST. This is paid to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
In addition to RIV Fee - The following will apply:
|Import To:||Nova Scotia||5% GST AND 8% HST|
|Import To:||Quebec||GST + QST|
Canada Border Services Agency does not accept cash or checks for the RIV Fee.
5. Once Your New Vehicle Enters Canada: You will have 45 days for vehicle inspection and to complete any modifications that are needed. Canadian Tire will perform all Federal Inspections as well as Provincial Inspections.
6. How Does PTRV Handle Payment:
A deposit of $1000 is required for any purchase of a new unit with our company.
For our Canadian customers, this can be done with any major credit card.
All deposits are non-refundable after three business days upon receipt of dated and signed purchase agreement, Per Ohio Law.
If a down payment is required, this may be paid with a cashier's check or wire transfer. Wire transfer will require 7 business days prior to taking delivery of your unit. Cashier's checks may be presented at time of delivery.
Complete balance payments may be paid using the following methods ONLY:
1. Wire Transfer 7 business days prior to pick-up/delivery date.
2. Cash or Cashiers Check.
3. Canadian customers can pay by cashiers check but have to present that check during business hours so that PTRV can verify funds with the Canadian bank.
4. Canadians having their units delivered will have to submit a wire transfer or send a copy of cashiers check before delivery for verification.
Cashiers Checks Must Be Bank Issued - Personal Checks Stamped Certified Will Not Be Accepted.
If You Need Your New RV Delivered, We Typically Meet You At The Border Crossing Of Your Choice. UPDATE: NOW DELIVERING INTO CANADA If You Need Delivery Into Canada - You Will Have To Call Us And Ask For Our RV Transport Manager. They Will Give You A Total Price.
Important Phone Numbers And Websites That You May Need:
Registrar Of Imported Vehicles
Canada Border Services Agency
Don't Hesitate To Contact Us With Any Other Questions That You May Have.